So it turns out that I read 34 books in 2011! Hooray! Going for 30 again this year, but we’ll see how far I get! The following are updates from the last several books I read. I’ve slacked on posting so they will be short updates, but better than nothing!
Category Archives: intro
Starting in March of 2010, I have kept a running list of the books I’ve read. My goal was to read 30 in a year. I made it to 26. I guess that’s not too bad — it does average out to one book every two weeks.
My goal for 2011 is to get to those 30 books — or more. I used to love reading, but I hadn’t really enjoyed it in a long time. Reading that one MUST do for school is never as enjoyable as reading one CHOOSES to do.
Here is my list of books from the last year (don’t make fun of the first few):
- Halfway to the Grave, by Jeaniene Frost
- One Foot in the Grave, by Jeaniene Frost
- At Grave’s End, by Jeaniene Frost
- Destined for an Early Grave, by Jeaniene Frost
- First Drop of Crimson, by Jeaniene Frost
- A Scrap in Time, by Ida Fink
- Maus, by Art Spiegelman
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer
- Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J. K. Rowling (for like the seventh time)
- Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson
- A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, by Jean-Dominique Bauby
- The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel
- Til We Have Faces, by C. S. Lewis
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson
- The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
- Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Postmistress, by Sarah Blake
- Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller
- Fast Food Nation, by Eric Schlosser
- A Farewell to Arms, by Ernest Hemingway
- Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Clockwork Orange, by Anthony Burgess
My year-long list from March 1, 2011 to February 29, 2012 begins with my current read — The Innocent, by Ian McEwan. I’ll begin posting about each book as I finish reading. I should finish The Innocent fairly soon as I’ve definitely hit the denouement…
In each post, I would also like to recap one of the books I read last year. That way I won’t forget about the wonderful adventures my mind has taken in the last year.